Please continue to support our parish by signing up for WeShare.
We are pleased to announce that our parish has subscribed to an exciting new online platform: Formed.org. View the best Catholic videos, audio programs, e-books and movies on your computer, tablet or smart- phone for free!
To create a new FORMED account…
Click Sign Up
Select “I Belong to a Parish or Organization”
Find your parish by name, zip, or parish code (Search for St. Charles Church Staten Island)
Enter your email – and you’re in!
May is dedicated to our Blessed Mother Mary.
Let’s pray the rosary every day for the month of May.
The Resurrection of Easter is Unstoppable
by Cardinal Timothy Dolan
It’s a tough time, my good people, a “built-in” Holy Week, as all of us are close to Jesus in His hour of agony and death on the cross.
Those suffering from the virus have a share in our Lord’s passion, as do their families so worried. Our courageous and indefatigable health care providers sense the discouragement and weariness of our Savior carrying His cross. All of us, apprehensive about the future, reminded of our vulnerability, cloistered from family, friends, neighbors, and parishes, missing Mass and the sacraments a lot, are making our own stations of the cross. Read more…
Spiritual Communion Prayer
My Jesus, I believe that you are present in the Most Holy Sacrament.
I love you above all things and I desire to receive you in my soul.
Since I cannot at this moment receive you sacramentally,
Come at least spiritually into my heart.
I embrace you as if you were already there
And unite myself wholly to you.
Never permit me to be separated from you.
The Archdiocese has announced that First Holy Communions and Confirmations have been postponed until further notice. Also, Palm Sunday Masses, Reconciliation Monday, Holy Thursday, Good Friday, Easter Vigil and Easter Sunday Masses will not be celebrated publicly in the parishes.
TV Station: Catholic Faith Network (channel 296 Fios and channel 162/471 Spectrum)
Televised from St. Agnes Cathedral
Masses: Monday – Friday at 8:30 am & 12:30 pm; and Sunday at 11 am and 7 pm
Televised from St. Patrick’s Cathedral
Masses: Monday – Friday at 6:30 pm, and Sunday at 3:30 pm
TV Station: EWTN 12 noon Mass (on channel 285 FIOS and channel 460 Spectrum)
6 Tips for the Mass
1. No PJ’s – dress up a bit – even if you’re staying in – it changes your mindset. It says “This is important!” Also if you have a crucifix and candles put them on a table nearby.
2. If you love small business – support them- and us – use the WeShare link below.
3. Stand, sit and kneel at the usual times – and do so together as a family – there’s no sports, events or other things to separate you.
4. Pray for the dead – in your family, in this crisis and for the sick and those who tend to them.
5. You’ll know the Communion Hymn well so sing along.
6. Pray “Lord – this stinks – but help me to appreciate the time I have with family, the focus that this time provides, help me take the right steps to control what I can and confidently give over to you what I cannot. Help me never to again take my life, my faith, and my blessings for granted. I resolve to amend my life and ask forgiveness for my faults. Amen”
In light of the continued concern surrounding the coronavirus, and the advice of medical experts, all Masses in the Archdiocese of New York are canceled.
Please pray for all who are ill with this virus and for the well being of our country and the world.
Church will be open for private prayer every day from 8-12 noon.
To keep current with parish announcements during this time, please see the link below to sign up for flocknote if you have not already done so.
Also, if you wish, you can also sign up for weshare on the link below if you would like to continue to support the parish during this time.