Baptism is the Sacrament which cleanses us from Original Sin, makes us Christians, children of God, and heirs of Heaven.
“Amen, amen, I say to you, unless a man be born again of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.” (John 3:5)
(Source: St. Joseph Baltimore Catechism)
BAPTISM OF INFANTS AND CHILDREN UNDER 7 YEARS OLD
Infants and children under 7 years old, the age of reason, are baptized at St. Charles Church on the second Sunday of the month at 1:30 p.m. Instruction of parents of the children to be baptized must be arranged through the rectory and completed prior to the Baptism.
The following documents need to be provided at the time of the Baptism class:
- A copy of the child’s birth certificate and
- Sponsor certificates of the child’s Godfather and/or Godmother.
BAPTISM OF PERSONS AT LEAST 7 YEARS OF AGE
Unbaptized persons at least 7 years of age are baptized on Easter Vigil or during the 50 days of the Easter Season. Proper preparation to receive the Sacraments of Initiation, namely, Baptism, Confirmation, and Holy Communion, must be completed through RCIA, the Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults. Arrangements may be made through the rectory.
Godparents must be baptized Catholics who
- are not the legal parents of the person being baptized,
- are at least 16 years of age,
- have received the Sacraments of Confirmation and Holy Communion in the Catholic Church,
- are married in the Catholic Church if living with a partner, and
- are practicing their Catholic Faith by regular attendance at Sunday Mass and worthy reception of Sacraments.